Frantic for Finals?
Finals can be a very stressful time. Here are some tips to help you handle the stress:
- Get Active: Physical activity boosts endorphins which helps improve your mood.
- Healthy Diet: Take care of yourself and your body by eating good food and lots of water. Foods with high levels of Vitamin B, calcium, and protein support brain activity.
- Take Breaks: Remember to give yourself a break every once in awhile. Constantly stressing over tests reduces the effectiveness of cognitive processing
- Create a Calendar or List: A list will help you visualize how you want/need to spend your time.
- Reduce Caffeine and Sugar: The temporary “high” can eventually end in a crash of energy, also it can change your sleep schedule.
- Get Lots of Sleep: Its improves your memory, attention and it lowers stress levels.
- Breathe: Inhale for five counts, exhale for five counts. Breathing can calm you down and give you time to think.
- Use Study Groups and Friends for Extra Help: If you need some extra help, ask a friend or classmates.
From 6:45 a.m. to 7:20 a.m., South will have a free hot cocoa station in the front lobby for stressed students and staff. For anyone interested, they ask you bring your own mug/tumblr, or extras for the donation table, and have some cocoa and marshmallows.