Holiday Recipes: Caramel Apple Pork Chops
A plate of plain pork chops, missing the caramel apple twist this recipe offers. Photo courtesy of Pengrin.
For something a little more savory, but still sweet, and complimentary to the two preceding recipes, cook Caramel Apple Pork Chops. This dinner also goes along well with mashed potatoes and greens. It makes up to four servings, and takes approx. 45 minutes to complete.
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons pecans (optional)
Prep 20 minutes, Cook 25 minutes, Ready in 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
Original recipe credit goes to Walmart on AllRecipes.